Coversion to Val d' lsere Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Coversion to Val d' lsere « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 110
Posted on Saturday, 06 February, 2010 - 03:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some 15 years ago I was drawn to a very strange looking Bentley in Dubai that I fell in love with. It was a green Val d'Isere driven all the way from Oman. I have been after this car for a long time now, but the owner will not sell. There are only 2 of these cars in our region, both of which will never go on sale.
The question I have, is just how difficult a conversion is it? I already have the Bentley Turbo, all I need to do is establish what parts were used by Jankel when they made the Val d'Isere and if they are still available, I would be keen to give it a go.
Does anyone know anything about these conversions?

Stefan Morley
Prolific User
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 187
Posted on Saturday, 06 February, 2010 - 17:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

Had heard of the french town but not of Bentley Station Wagon of the same name.

http://www.bentleyspotting.com/2007/10/bentley-val-disere-by-jankel-bentley-or.html

Not sure the look is me, but the option of 4WD something different. Mind you a limited slip diff alone might be nice.

Learn something every day, thanks for sharing it.

Cheers
Stefan

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, 06 February, 2010 - 21:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar,

Is there anything we can say to stop you chopping your fabulous Turbo R up into this, frankly lets be honest, HIDEOUS 'ESTATE" car. Even in a most restrained Masons Black it looks terrible...

Actually i'll take a shot at it for you, I reckon the panels were all hand beaten and will cost if you had to convert you current car
US$150K minimum!!!! there I hope that stops you mate.

My opionion is don't butcher your lovely Turbo Omar. Keep it the way Crewe intended and if you happen to find an original Val d'sere well buy it... though its a much better place for skiing.... LOL

Cheers

J

Clifford Donley
Experienced User
Username: flatus

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, 06 February, 2010 - 23:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Morning Omar,

It looks like there's a whole bunch of them in Brunei. Perhaps one of those can be had.

I looked at the photos on BentleySpotting. I suppose the people who 'made a statement' with their cars did it with their own money, but...

From what I read there, though, it can be a very impressive car when viewed up close. When you find yours, I bet it will be the nicest one in the neighborhood!

Cliff

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 111
Posted on Sunday, 07 February, 2010 - 02:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,
I appreciate all the input form this great community.
James: consider it done! I will not butcher this car any more than the previous owner has (the car is now white; and Crewe intended it to be black).

Stefan: yes these cars are not everyone's cup of tea, but in the flesh, these things are spectacular (but not in hidieous yellow with red and yellow interior). Not many people have seen them in the flesh because they are so rare. They have problems with the 4wd systems and some dealers have removed the volvo 4wd system alltogether. (shame really).

Cliff: The one thing that keeps putting Brunei on my tourist plan is the hope of buying a one-off Bentley when visiting. I will keep the dream of visiting Brunei alive in case I am disapointed when I get there. From what I gather, it is exactly like being here in Dubai!!!