Driver side interior lamp Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Driver side interior lamp « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Burbidge
Experienced User
Username: ovation

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, 14 December, 2009 - 12:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem. The map side of the interior light stays on even after the door has been closed and the other main part of the light goes out after the usual delay.
Also how do you remove the light unit to replace lamps ?
Cheers dave

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, 14 December, 2009 - 15:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You may have flicked the map/mirror light on next to the glove box Dave. Check if this switch is sitting in the middle. Toggle up is normally map and down is mirror so when you pull the visor down the little light should come on.

Little flat screwdriver and gently prize the unit away from its mounting. I think it should take a small 5w festoon bulb.

Cheers

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 502
Posted on Monday, 14 December, 2009 - 18:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dave is it the passengers or drivers map light that's on?

Sorry, I can't remember what year your car is, but if it's an earlier car & the drivers side light, you can try pushing the headlamp switch inwards.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Tuesday, 15 December, 2009 - 07:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I knew a fellow who had a Silver Shadow for 25 years, and didn't know how to turn the map light on ! When he put it up for sale, I looked at it. He was staggered when I pulled the headlamp knob outwards to turn on the map light.

RHT.

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 113
Posted on Tuesday, 15 December, 2009 - 12:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ahh yes of course RT you are right... sorry Dave, I have mis informed you and assumed you meant the little switch next to the glove box.
I should read more closely, I suspect when you have turned the headlights on you may have inadvertantly 'pulled' the chrome switch out while turning it round. This will of course give you the drivers side map light....

Cheers

J

Dave Burbidge
Experienced User
Username: ovation

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 16 December, 2009 - 15:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks guys, it was the headlight switch. Have you any idea how long I spent looking for this .
Next time I will try for something more challenging.
Dave

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 503
Posted on Thursday, 17 December, 2009 - 10:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dave - you are not the first, and I'm sure you will not be the last.

I've had plenty of late night arguments with owners who are worried that the interior lights are stuck on and will flatten the battery.

Even after asking them to go and check the switch - they deny that it exists or that they would have turned it on by mistake EVEN if it did exist! :-)

The usual clincher is when I say that I'm quite happy to drive to their location and check myself as long as they are happy to pay my hourly rate!

Live and Learn :-)