Passenger wing mirror loose Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Passenger wing mirror loose « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Antony Berrill
New User
Username: berrill

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, 13 December, 2009 - 04:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My passenger side rear facing wing mirror is lose where it is attached to the passenger door.

Before I start taking the car apart can u tell me where to start.

Thanks

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 501
Posted on Sunday, 13 December, 2009 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No need for striping Antony,

At the front and rear of the base of the mirror is a small plastic flap. behind one is an allen key grub screw. Give it a spray with WD40 then try tightening it a little.

Sometimes the mounting lug that it attaches to gets distorted and you will need to remove the morror and bent the lug back down slightly.

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 111
Posted on Sunday, 13 December, 2009 - 18:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Antony, Paul is quite right. At the rear of the mirror base mount is a flap with the above mentioned grub screw. Mine had exactly the same issue with a 'wobbly' passenger mirror. I found this little screw and with a quick 1/4 turn its now firm and secure.

J

Antony Berrill
New User
Username: berrill

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, 15 December, 2009 - 06:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

CANT WAIT TO TRY TOMORROW,

thanks fantastic advise