Wow... why I should do my own ironing... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Wow... why I should do my own ironing... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, 21 November, 2009 - 10:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, as below... happened early this morning dropping of my shirts to the dry cleaners. Pulled in and hit their bloody sign... oh well the front needed a respray re stone chips but was hoping to put it off for a year or so but now it will have to be an early xmas present to myself.
I felt very foolish I must admit as I completely misjudged the height of the sign and swung the front of the car into the bottom of their " Specials 10 shirts for 2.50 sign'... thank god no one saw this as my embarrassment is still to abeit....

J

John Shostrom
Prolific User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 107
Posted on Saturday, 21 November, 2009 - 14:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ouch, James! Nothing, thankfully, that can't be fixed but just make sure the paintshop doesn't take you to the cleaners! Truth be told, I think many of us have had similar experiences ... I pulled into a petrol station in Los Angeles some years ago in my Silver Wraith II, failing to see the concrete-filled low-mounted steel post next to the pump and grazed a wheelarch. I remember the lady at the opposite pump commenting "Now THAT sounded expensive!"

James Feller
Prolific User

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, 26 November, 2009 - 12:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All fixed. I saw The Big B this monring, it was in an oven baking!!!
The guys have actually done a great job and I got them to respray my airdam underneath the front bumper with all the stone chips... you wouldn't know about my little indescretion, just the outcome needed.
John, it turned out to be fairly reasonable too $700.00. Although I could get a lot of shirts ironed for that money!!!!

Cheers

J

John Shostrom
Prolific User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 108
Posted on Thursday, 26 November, 2009 - 19:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good news, James! Sort of lends new meaning to the term "pressing engagement" doesn't it? Cheers, John

Andrew Lark
Experienced User
Username: drew

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, 27 November, 2009 - 09:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That seems quite a reasonable price for a quality repair. Well done. Who performed the work for you?

Andrew.

James Feller
Prolific User

Post Number: 106
Posted on Friday, 27 November, 2009 - 12:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Panel shop next door to John Vawser Motors...
Vawsers look after my Rolls and Bentley, I left it to them to instruct the panel beaters.
Andrew I dont know the name but they are in William Street Alexandria next to Vawsers workshop.

yes it does John... indeed!

cheers

J