Most undignified for a Turbo Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Most undignified for a Turbo « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Feller
Frequent User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, 23 October, 2009 - 11:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RT,

I remember you saying somewhere that the Turbo's are capable of 'lighting the rear wheels up' at the slightest provocation.
Can I say I was just reminded of this when it happened to me a few weeks back. I was rushing a light and turning a T interesection heading uphill too. I applied a size 11 to the fun pedal, was running late so yes was pretty much up the Big B and whooshka the rear inside spun and would have kept spinning too had I not backed off a bit. This was in the dry to. Tyres are new and the car caught before any undignified tail slide action but these cars dont have a limtied slip diff do they?
Meaning in the wet this could be a HUGE amount of fun and very undignified for one so large...

:o)

J

James Feller
Prolific User

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, 16 November, 2009 - 12:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

does the Turbo have a limited slip diff??

can someeone more knowledgable than me enlighten?

ta Guys

PS, Saturday went for a run up to Hunter Valley.... I wont say the road I was on in fear of the constablary sticking dreaded speed cameras all over it... but got the Turbo to 220 on more than a few occasions.... ohhh what fun!

(My turbocharged lounge chair )

J

J

Stefan Morley
Prolific User
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, 16 November, 2009 - 12:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi James,

My Turbo R certainly doesnt. Be nice. Used to have a Ford XF that did, and it was about the only redeeming feature.

Saw your first post !!! envious, so I ignored it :-) Still waiting on parts from UK to move forward on my boost issue.

Cheers
Stefan

James Feller
Prolific User

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, 16 November, 2009 - 15:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

yes was wondering how your boost issue was going Stef, so is half the forum no doubt... don't be envious you will get there once you get the boost issue solved and you will be able to light your rear wheels up too!!!

J

Omar M. Shams
Frequent User
Username: omar

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, 17 November, 2009 - 03:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wheels do spin now after all the minor tweeking - but my boost pressure is still lower than what I would like to see. When the induction hose is replaced I should get my 5 psi boost and then hopefully report sparks from the rear wheels.

Craig Knight
Experienced User
Username: grum_ck

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2009 - 14:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Undignified, yes. Fun, in a strange way… surprising, defiantly.

I was running my brother and his friend around for a few errands over the weekend. His friend found the traction control and sport buttons and scoffed at the idea in such a vehicle (as I was driving in a calm manor)… after pressing both he proceeded to enjoy what he called Hollywood tyres, due to the screeching as we accelerated out of the next couple of tight corners.

I think we have a new fan of the old Bentleys.