Emergency "out of park" '82 SSpur... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Emergency "out of park" '82 SSpur « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 209.86.226.11
Posted on Monday, 04 May, 2009 - 13:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, I am at risk of purchasing the above machine from an estate, said machine having been idle for at least three years. Should this calamity befall me, how can I get the 'box out of Park without electric power, to facilitate getting it aboard a truck?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Dr. Omar M. Shams
Experienced User
Username: omar

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, 19 May, 2009 - 07:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

if it was me, i would connect a temporary small 12v volt source (like a small drycell battery - if I could not get a full blown battery) and turn the key such that the warning lights come on and then shift the gear lever to N. that will solve your problem immediately. I assume you have a key for the car....... jump leads will also do the trick if you prefer these to the battery option. good luck. In case you don't know, the battery is in the boot under the carpet in a dedicated well.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1700
Posted on Tuesday, 19 May, 2009 - 09:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pull the gearchange fuse out. Then just lean underneath the left hand side, and push the lever out of park by hand. It will take you a minute.

If it doesn't move, first pull out the split pin from the clevis pin at the gearchange lever on the transmission and push the clevis pin out. That will be a colossal two minute job.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1703
Posted on Tuesday, 19 May, 2009 - 10:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Only if it's stuck: