Drivers Door Locking not.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Drivers Door Locking not.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Feller
Frequent User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, 31 March, 2009 - 11:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Howdy All!

Back from 4 weeks holiday swanning around europe..what credit crunch.... glad to see Dudd and crew have not done much in my absence....
anyway I digress... I have a small problem, I went for a drive on the weekend in BEH777 and noticed that when I went to lock the car from drivers side it would only lock drivers door. I tried again and still nothing on the other doors.
I then tried from the front passengers door and hey presto all good, I then tried from the boot lock with boot open and hey presto all good again.

I assume a solniod must be cactus in the drivers door? any quick remedies guys? is this a possibility?
otherwise I will get the guys to look at it next month when it goes in for its 6 monthly coddle.

Hope you are all well

Cheers

J

Mark Tennison
Yet to post message
Username: mark_t

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 16 April, 2010 - 06:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James,

Similar problem to mine, I found my problem to be an open circuit wire that links the internal door lock switch and the key lock switch. The wire was open circuit in the wiring loom, inside the door inside the black plastic conduit, about half way between each switch.

Let me know if you need more details
Cheers
Mark T

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 140
Posted on Sunday, 18 April, 2010 - 11:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Mark,

It was just lack of use. I fiddled with it for minutes, unlocking and locking and then it came good. In my garage the cars are keep unlocked and can sit for a while under their covers so i suspect it was just lack of use... All good now.
Thanks

J