Expensive tooth brushes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Expensive tooth brushes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Thursday, 16 October, 2008 - 14:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have never been able to work out why our cars went to headlight washing and cleaning whilst in flight. Is it a snow pack problem? But my '84 Spur along with most others has an elaborate pair of wipers and a micturating washer jet to do this job. A friend with similar equipment (on his car that is) is fussed because his toothbrushes are wearing out. These single row brushes can be plucked out of the very smart chromed wiper arms but are simply not available as a spare. The complete arm assembly is available with brush at a mere $400 plus! Any suggestions?

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Experienced User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, 16 October, 2008 - 17:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In my 1987 Jaguar XJ-SC, the headlamp wipers were indeed offered as a "snow-market" option.

I know for sure that Jaguar offered a similar system for the "round headlamp" XJ Series III models from 1981 to 1986. I also believe that the diameter of the round headlamps of the Jaguars is similar to that of the Rolls Royces.

Please see here:

http://www.jdht.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&categoryId=22842&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=22841&top_category=22841

Price for the Jaguar wipers is 3.95 Pounds, which in case they fit might be an interesting alternative. JDHT are also very helpful and you can always have them measure the length of the wipers before you order.

By the way these are nice chrome wipers but not the beautiful brushes of the Rolls/Bentleys.

Those of the XJ-SC are different, they are black and of a different construction, you can also find the in the same site jdht.com.

Best regards

Lluís

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 227
Posted on Thursday, 16 October, 2008 - 17:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill, I've never worked it out either. Possibly due to complaints about the lack of light on Shadows, or possibly on a whim. They wouldn't be so bad if they actually worked!

Second-hand is the only cheap way I know. What car has he got?

My tip for keeping them looking good would be to 'adjust' them so they are not touching the glass heavily and just wash your headlamps manually.

Hopefully you will get a more productive answer :-)

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Experienced User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, 16 October, 2008 - 17:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Excuse me,

I mean that the diameter of the Jaguar headlamps seems similar to the heigth of the rectangular Rolls units.

Sorry for the mistake.