Spirit Flying Lady Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Spirit Flying Lady « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Rothwell
Frequent User
Username: jon_rothwell

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2007 - 14:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Recently we purchased a second Silver Spirit for my wife, and although it is only a year newer than mine (hers is a 1981) the flying lady does not drop down like mine does as it is just spring loaded like the Shadows.
When did the drop down flying lady come about and how long was it produced for? I had a look at a heap of cars for sale on eBay and have only seen about one in ten with the drop down mascot.
Was it only fitted for some markets?

Paul Yorke
Frequent User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2007 - 19:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Was it only fitted for some markets?

yes.

Can't remember where off the top off my head.

Lutz Gruenenwald
New User
Username: jimknopf

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Be happy with this grille! Why? Because this one only allows you to mount a kneeling lady! You can't on a drop down version grille.

I'd be happy to get ahold of such an item... :-)

Regards JimKnopf

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 931
Posted on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 13:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is also the problem of security. With a fixed Lady you can alarm it and if you are going to leave the car overnight in downtown Redfern you can at least remove the gal and stick a parking cap in place. There is allegedly a gadget that you can lock onto the top of the grille having put the lass to bed but I have yet to identify it. As to which cars so far it seems it was at the insistence of various European factions and some in Asia. I would be happy to swap mine which is also gold plated which seemed
to be popular with blue cars. The grill is pristine!

Paul Yorke
Frequent User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 95
Posted on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 17:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

We supply locking plates for about £200 over here.

I'll see if I can find a photo for you.

They lock over the complete hole and look smart enough for people to leave in place permanently.

Much easier than the allen key arrangement.

You can alarm both types of mascot though.