Electric Window Fault Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Electric Window Fault « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ashley Jezella
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 213.122.75.80
Posted on Monday, 06 October, 2003 - 22:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I hope you can help here. I have a 86 Spirit 1 and the front passenger window will not raise but does lower on both door switches.

At the moment the window is half down and I do not want to lower it further as it will not close.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ashley
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Prolific User
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, 07 October, 2003 - 10:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ashley In the good old days you would go to your tool kit supplied with the car extract a small crank handle insert it in a trapdoor in the lower part of the door and wind the window back up. Sadly no more as the manufacturers believe that modern windows are totally reliable. Anyway enough of nostalgia. You will have to remove the door lining and apply battery power to the leads on the motor itself. The wiring is too complicated to explain further except that I would guess that you have an earthing problem. Let me know if I can help further.