Silver Spirit Lpg conversion Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Silver Spirit Lpg conversion « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Hogan
Unregistered guest
Posted From: abordeaux-152-1-63-81.w82-125.abo.wanadoo.fr
Posted on Friday, 20 July, 2007 - 02:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 1982 silver spirit LHD American spec. Recently I had it converted to run on LPG and although it runs very well I am having a problem when I try to switch back to petrol when the car is running at low revs as it tends to stall.Also if stop the engine on lpg it is hard to restart buts starts normally if I stop the engine whilst running on petrol.I have been told that I should wire the cold start regulator so that it is heated all the time and the injectors (Bosch K Jetronic)will not behave as if the engine is cold but what happens when the engine really is cold?
Can anyone help?

(Message approved by david_gore)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 736
Posted on Friday, 20 July, 2007 - 09:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael,

Before you do anything, I would take the vehicle back to the installer as there appears to be an installation problem. If your installer is unable to do anything, I suggest you contact the supplier of the conversion equipment used on your car and discuss the problem with their technical people.