Turbo R front seat removal 1993 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Turbo R front seat removal 1993 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Elmes
Yet to post message
Username: brilliants

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 11 September, 2003 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Could Richard Treacey possibly give me a clue how to remove my frond seat cushion so I can relocate the seat a little further forward. I have to stretch my ankle to reach the throttle. With thanks, John Elmes.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Prolific User
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, 11 September, 2003 - 23:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi there,

My seats are identical to yours (sport seats) unlike the Rolls-Royce ones.

To remove the cushion:

1. Remove the seat backing cover by removing two setscrews at the bottom of the cover near the seatbelt winder (nearly floor level).

2 Remove the two vertically oriented nuts, one each under each side of the seat cushion and its base trim. They are located on the flat frame about 10 cm from the front of the seat base. These are will allow the base and its trim to tilt upwards at the front.

3. Remove the connector at the lumbar control switch, located on the outside of the base trim, from under the seat cushion.

4 Release the hook securing the rubber strap to the frame (provided it is stretched over the cushion 's tubular frame bar).

5 The pivots at the rear of the cushion and frame assemply are secured by two funny-shaped pivot stop bolts. Unscrew them and remove the base and cushion from the car.

You may choose not to refit the nuts mentioned in 2. and place the rubber securing spring and hook over the large bar at the base of the cushion instead.

The attachment iis for an earlier model without the electric switch on the base but is otherwise the same.

Have fun !

application/octet-stream
Seat Mechanism.doc (47.1 k)