Help for a friend and her 1990 Spur I... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Help for a friend and her 1990 Spur II - radio code issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Pfeiffer
Experienced User
Username: jpsnaggs

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2006 - 10:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all, hope everyone is having a festive holiday season.

A friend of mine is having a battery drain, and other issues. One of the issues is that the radio (stock 1990 Pioneer) is asking for a code to unlock I assume. Local Rolls guy does not have a clue, and the local audio place has no clue either. My friend stated that she can ship it overseas, and they will unlock the radio. Or, she can just yank it, and replace with something newer. Any ideas? Any iseas about the code? Anyone know how to unlock?

Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Colwell
Experienced User
Username: peter_colwell

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2006 - 13:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If the radio is the one originally fitted, the code will be tied to the car's VIN number. So even if the car has had several owners, it should still be possible to obtain the code. I know this applies in Australia to any car with coded radio.

With 'ordinary' car, it is just a matter of going to any authorised dealer with proper documents. They will charge a fee to access the records by computer.

The code would have been written in the delivery documents, I'm not sure if they are available or not, or even how old the car is. But the age should not matter.

Peter, who has been through the above quite painless procedure...