Addition to "More of the same problem... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Addition to "More of the same problem" but another point - should I take the owners manual to heart??. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Pfeiffer
Experienced User
Username: jpsnaggs

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2006 - 13:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have been driving the car all day long... No problems. It did start a bit cold this morning, and fizzled out. The same friend was over again today when I started it, and he swares I just dont know how to start the car. And come to think of it, I have never steadily driven and started a car of this age. Most of my experience has been with my dad's cars, which are all newer 97 and on, a Brooklands, and a new Phantom. I can safely say I like my 82 spirit a lot better then either of those cars.

My friend is telling me to give it a little gas when I start the car... Also, the owners manual says to depress the gas pedal all the way once before starting. I was doing this today, and did not seem to have any problems starting.

This is really much more drama then I was expecting... But, there really is nothing like these cars.

(Message edited by jpsnaggs on August 14, 2006)

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 92
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2006 - 14:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

...a Brooklands, and a new Phantom.

Wow, how rich can someone be!

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 316
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2006 - 17:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jason,
I'm glad you don't like the new Phantom.

If I give you my details can you pass them on to your Dad so he can leave it to me in his will?

Jason Pfeiffer
Experienced User
Username: jpsnaggs

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2006 - 23:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very funny everyone... :-)

I think it is beautiful, just lacks something that the older ones have. The brooklands, just feels big to me... kind of lumbering...

And with regards to money, well, he is not poor, but no trump either. As most of us know here, you do not have to be rich to want to own one of these things... You may have to have alot of money to maintain it... but you know what I am trying to say