Start inhibitor help and or fuel pump... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Start inhibitor help and or fuel pump 1988 Bentley Turbo R « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

felicity tilbrook
New User
Username: turborgirl

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, 22 November, 2023 - 18:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all, we have had this issue since purchase of our 88 Bentley Turbo R, of not being able to start it. Yes, has enough fuel.
It cranks but won't start, but if you hotwire the fuel pump straight to battery, it won't crank. ??? We have an older cobra imobiliser, with a broken fob, and the car is armed. Any ideas people? Guessing the imobiliser is prohibiting the start circuit? We have had an auto elec come out even. Yes, we have wiring diagrams. Where is the fuel pump relay for them? ANY help is much obliged.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 800
Posted on Wednesday, 22 November, 2023 - 19:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Why not get rid of the cobra alarm?
Sounds like the auto electrician was out of his depth.
Where are you?
Mike

felicity tilbrook
New User
Username: turborgirl

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 23 November, 2023 - 15:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We are in regional SA.(near Gawler)

Yes, our next step is to get rid of that, as we do not know how the cobra is wired etc.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 801
Posted on Thursday, 23 November, 2023 - 22:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I removed mine on about an hour, just reattach the wires that were cut and remove the wires going to the alarm.

Philip Sproston
New User
Username: phil2025

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, 24 November, 2023 - 17:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just fix 3 turbo I ONLY use the phone phil 0418266631.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: