New Anomaly Today Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » New Anomaly Today « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User
Username: cliffy

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, 21 July, 2023 - 15:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have had stumbling for 20 seconds after starting after going to the store and coming out to go home. First start of the day in the garage no issues.
BUT I think I know the answer- vapor lock - WHY?

BECAUSE ITS 112 DEGREES F 45C OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW !!!

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 832
Posted on Friday, 21 July, 2023 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vapor lock increase with a very low level of fuel in the tank.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 789
Posted on Saturday, 22 July, 2023 - 01:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No problems in uk , we have 15C

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User

Post Number: 112
Posted on Saturday, 22 July, 2023 - 16:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had 1/2 tank of fuel

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4206
Posted on Sunday, 23 July, 2023 - 09:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cliff,

A suggestion from "Left Field" - how old is the fuel in your tank?

If it has been left over from a winter or early spring refuelling, it may be winter blend rather than summer blend fuel. The winter blend has greater volatility than the summer blend and this may be a contributing cause to your experience.

P.S. 45 deg Celsius is a balmy summer's day in many inland parts of Australia - in December 1980, I visited Marble Bar in Western Australia during a trip to the Pilbara region and the temperature in the shade at the historic Marble Bar pub [Oz slang for a hotel/bar selling alcohol] was 54 degrees Celsius [129.2 degrees Fahrenheit].

A cold beer [or four] was never more welcome......

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 836
Posted on Sunday, 23 July, 2023 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ethanol in fuel lowers the boiling point so do not discount the thought. Also, when coils get hot, they fail. I would start with the coil. I've been there on both issues.

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, 23 July, 2023 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Fuel age? :-) I go through a tank a week! I drive this this submarine every day.

Coil? Hadn't thought about that I would think that if it was the coil that it would run badly longer than the first 20 secs each time. But maybe not. Might order one in and have it for a spare just incase.

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, 23 July, 2023 - 21:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marble Bar? I had to look that one up
Out in the middle of God Knows No Where!
You Aussies are a strange bunch that have been out in the sun too long

BUT I would love to go there someday just to say I'd been there. Sorry for the tread drift I just couldn't help myself.

Hi Cliff, Unfortunately time has intervened and the Marble Bar pub has now been "modernised" and the original dirt floor which kept the bar cool and ensured beer spills are not a problem probably no longer exists. Outback pubs are an experience that should never be missed; lots of interesting characters at the bar and the cold beer is always welcome on a hot day.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 790
Posted on Monday, 24 July, 2023 - 18:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Go Cliff!
It's great ,my introduction to the Aussie sense of humour was in Perth, first morning wonder around.
Standing with tourist map between me & mrs , guy in a breakdown truck winds his window down shouts "where you after?" ,the train station "what that one" (we then realised we were standing on the railway bridge)lol, er yeh. He said "it's your fault for letting the sheila raad the map lol",
I said it's your fault for printing it up side down lol. We all had a good chuckle.
I thought I like it here!!

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, 05 August, 2023 - 11:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Cliff, Unfortunately time has intervened and the Marble Bar pub has now been "modernised" and the original dirt floor which kept the bar cool and ensured beer spills are not a problem probably no longer exists. O"utback pubs are an experience that should never be missed; lots of interesting characters at the bar and the cold beer is always welcome on a hot day."

YEs but Fosters? :-(

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4212
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2023 - 09:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In my humble opinion, Foster's is highly over-rated as a beer thanks to heavy advertising by the brewer for many decades.

In my opinion, we have many craft and high volume commercial beers that leave Foster's for dead.

My recollection of drinking at the Marble bar pub was the classic Emu Bitter draught beer from the W.A. Swan Brewery.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: