SZ slow electric windows Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » SZ slow electric windows « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 88
Posted on Wednesday, 22 February, 2023 - 14:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm sure this has been a topic somewhere on this site before. I have recently taken possession of my Dad's SZ (1988 UK delivery) like many spirits from this era the electric windows are slow to open and close. I am looking for the most simple solution to fix this, and would like to keep the cost down, any good ideas anyone?

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 818
Posted on Wednesday, 22 February, 2023 - 21:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is plenty of advice rendered and searchable. Door cards come off, Window channels are sprayed, grounds and connections to be cleaned for lower resistance, elevator tube gets cleaned and lubed, on and on. The fixes are simple , but many.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4177
Posted on Wednesday, 22 February, 2023 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard Treacy has documented fixing the SZ slow electric window problem as detailed in the following link:

https://rrtechnical.info/windowlifts/windowlifts.pdf

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 780
Posted on Thursday, 23 February, 2023 - 02:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Take the motor off the gearbox and check the rubber coupling, probably in peices.
Mike

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, 07 March, 2023 - 15:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

thanks everyone, I will look at each option carefully

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 197
Posted on Friday, 24 March, 2023 - 01:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Don't forget to lubricate the the chains.
On our car some of the links were so stiff that they were at an angle to the adjacent link.
I used Wurth HHs 2000. Available in clear and white.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Sunday, 18 June, 2023 - 20:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham, remove the motor as suggested. Check the coupling.

Fill the gearbox with aerosol lithium grease. You will need to do this half a dozen times with short squirts of grease. Leave time in-between for the solvent to evaporate completely, otherwise you just wash out the previous bursts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: