Rear suspension height difference Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Rear suspension height difference « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger Routledge
New User
Username: ringarolls

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2022 - 01:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all
Have not been on here for a little while. The car has been running fine, however, I have noticed that the o/s/r wheel arch is approx 1/2 inch lower than the n/s/r. 27.5 in and 28 in.
Anything to be concerned about. I haven't noticed it before.
Thank you in advance.

1982 Silver SpiritSCAZS0005CCH06265

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4091
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2022 - 10:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Probably coil spring "sag" and/or a height control valve setting or operational issue.

If you do not have a copy of the Spirit series workshop manual, I suggest you use the free download of the relevant workshop manual for your car from our Technical Library:

https://rrtechnical.info/sz/05_sz.html

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 780
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2022 - 19:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Roger chech the rod joints and pivots on the height control valve are not seized. When I had an '81 Spirit and '82 Mulsanne this was a regular maintenance item.
Mark

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: