Open boot handle jammed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Open boot handle jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, 26 April, 2022 - 23:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

1990 Mulsanne S
The boot lock release handle, UB30400, will not move so I cannot open the boot.
I have just collected the car from the paint shop after having the boot resprayed. It would appear that they have refitted the boot incorrectly. (And I gave them copies of the service manual).
Although the battery is almost flat from standing for two weeks the central locking works when I turn the boot key and with the remote.
The switch in the glove box is set to Auto.
Do I remember reading that there is a way to open the via the tyre pressure check hole in the boot floor. I can’t find anything on the forum.
The car is going back to the painters but I would like some info before I take it.
Any suggestions on how to open the boot welcome.
Many thanks,
Darryl

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 745
Posted on Wednesday, 27 April, 2022 - 06:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Daryl
I think the idea is to unbolt the latch through the hole, sounds very tricky but possible I think.
Mike

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, 28 April, 2022 - 02:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Micheal,
The paint people managed to open the boot, strong hands apparently, the plastic/nylon lever was cracked.
They made a replacement from metal.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: