Accumulator Valve Body Overhaul Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Accumulator Valve Body Overhaul « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Hunziker
New User
Username: pahu

Post Number: 45
Posted on Sunday, 13 February, 2022 - 18:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Dear Members

I have to MFK (MOT in Switzerland) my Turbo S. Since a couple of Years there ist a Problem with LHM leaking on the rear Accumulator Valve Body. On first look it was the return Hose leaking. so i changed the hose. now its still leaking, but after cleaning the leak is clearly at the Valve Body
So my question... Is there a rebuild- or seal Kit for the CD5999 valve Bodys?

Regards
Patrick

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 357
Posted on Monday, 14 February, 2022 - 06:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, the seal for the pressure relief housing at your arrow is just a 33mm x 37mm x2mm NBR (nitrile) O ring. It should be readily available from your local bearing and seal retailer.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Patrick Hunziker
New User

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, 14 February, 2022 - 16:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Jim

Thank you very much for the Info. Local retailer has O-ring in Stock....

Regards

Patrick

Patrick Hunziker
New User

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, 14 February, 2022 - 20:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have also a Citroen DS. There are similar valves in use. i found a Dealer für Citroen Parts who has am Overhaul-Kit for the valves...

https://www.franzose.de/de/Citroen-DS-11CV-HY/Alle/Hydraulik/ANR31202/

The Springs can not be used for the Bentley valves (pressure different?). But the Steel-Balls are also included in the Kit.... I will order the Kit and have a look if it works...and here I found informations about the rebuild...

http://ds-restoration.blogspot.com/2018/02/pressure-regulator-strip-and-rebuild.html

DaveTurner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, 14 March, 2022 - 01:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Related question , I am too replacing the return hoses from the accumulator valve bodies on my 97 turbo r .
But why is the hose 3/8” at the valve end but 1/4” at the pipe entering the reservoir .
There must be a reason but I can’t for the life of me think of it .
Cheers Dave

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: