Changing Spark Plug Leads ('96 Brookl... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Changing Spark Plug Leads ('96 Brooklands) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

AdrianJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, 16 December, 2021 - 04:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having searched this site have been unsuccessful so asking instead.

It appears impossible to thread the spark plug leads under the induction plenum chambers due to the small gap. Surely it is not necessary to remove the plenum?

The only possible way I can see is to remove the inlet pipe on the one side and slide the leads sideways under the plenum chamber.

The gap under the plenum is no more than the thickness of the lead and therefore the connectors at each end will not pass through.

(Message approved by david_gore)

AdrianJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, 20 December, 2021 - 17:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does the club have the workshop manuals on file for these cars or is it just that I cannot find them?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4047
Posted on Tuesday, 21 December, 2021 - 08:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Adrian,

If my memory is correct the manuals are in electronic format and access has to be purchased.

They are not available free as far as I am aware but would appreciate details if anyone knows where.

David Gore

Post Number: 4053
Posted on Tuesday, 21 December, 2021 - 19:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Adrian,

Our fellow forum expert on late-model Rolls-Royce vehicles has asked me to post the following information from his files which will be of assistance to you.

You will need to download this image to image processing software [I use Adobe Photoshop] and use the enlarge tool to view the text in a readable size.

Omar

Thanks Omar for helping with this information.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2179
Posted on Wednesday, 22 December, 2021 - 00:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It looks like the trick is to slide each HT lead to the front of the plenum chamber where there is a gap for the wire to be pulled through.
Step 8 (the last line) is the crux of how its done.
Thanks for your help with this David.
Omar

AdrianJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, 23 December, 2021 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for your help David / Omar. I do wish designers were made to work on their creations.

Currently 2°C here in UK so can languish a little longer :-(

David Gore

Post Number: 4054
Posted on Friday, 24 December, 2021 - 06:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Adrian,

The person to thank is Omar for having the information, for accessing this from his personal resources and providing it for inclusion here.

I just supervise the forum as my contribution to the world-wide Rolls-Royce and Bentley community. The real thanks go to our Administrator and his family who provide the financial resources that allow this forum to exist and remain viable.

AdrianJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, 25 December, 2021 - 11:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I totally agree David. As I didn't need to download any processing software I assume some kind soul enabled it to appear in readable format.

Great forum and spent many hours reading Tee One topics. I tend to be a bit of a lurker here but am here nevertheless!

Perhaps at this time of year it would be appropriate to remember those no longer with us such as Chris Browne and Bob.

Early Christmas morning here and hope everything is going fine for everyone the world over.

David Gore

Post Number: 4055
Posted on Saturday, 25 December, 2021 - 12:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Adrian

Thank you for remembering our contributors who are no longer with us.

I miss them all and their contributions will live on for as long as this forum continues.

There is always some "thread drift" from time to time which I both contribute to and tolerate as Moderator. My reason for this is both liven up discussions and also make us aware there is a life to be enjoyed alongside our obsession with things R-R and Flying B.

I trust everyone has a safe and happy experience as this year comes to an end and the New Year approaches.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: