89 Corniche power seats trouble Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 89 Corniche power seats trouble « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Edward Mckinley
New User
Username: ed_mckinley

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, 11 October, 2021 - 06:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, the passenger (right) side seat on my 89 Corniche has stopped working. No clicking, no noise nothing. I have checked the fuses in the dash and tried swapping out the relay under the seat. I have attached a picture of the seat ECU on my car as it seems to be different than the others I have found being discussed on the forum. Any ideas would be great
Thanks, EdSeat ECU

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, 11 October, 2021 - 13:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

to clarify, if I press any of the seat memory buttons I get some clicking noises down by the seat control module, but no movement and if I try the seat adjustment switches, no clicking no movement at all. in the technical library page 27-8 is supposed to show the right side seat diagram but the page is missing

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 730
Posted on Monday, 11 October, 2021 - 17:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Never seen one like that before.
John bowling of bowling Ryan engineering would be worth contacting.
Have you googled the part number?
Mike

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, 11 October, 2021 - 22:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes I have looked it up on the internet and found a similar unit used on the Cadillac Allante. However, I don't know if the module is the problem. I'm looking for some troubleshooting guidance before replacing the module

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, 15 October, 2021 - 09:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It appears that the technical library electric portion TSD4701 only includes 87 and 88 model years. The next volume is for the 30,000 series. Does anyone know where I might find the 89 wiring diagram for my car?

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 731
Posted on Friday, 15 October, 2021 - 17:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think tsd4848 is what you need for a 20000 series 89 car.
Mike

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, 16 October, 2021 - 13:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Michael you are correct, I have found TSD4848 on the internet but only 2 of the pages from section 27 (front seats) are there. The rest of the pages in this section are missing.
Does anyone have a complete copy of this manual?

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, 17 October, 2021 - 06:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

swapped drivers and passengers ECU module and still have the same problem so ECU is eliminated as the problem

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 732
Posted on Monday, 18 October, 2021 - 00:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Edward
Just looked and I only have 2 pages on seats in my copy.

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 349
Posted on Monday, 18 October, 2021 - 05:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

IIRC on a Corniche II the relay for the right hand seat is behind the centre console, about even with the right side of the radio faceplate. Black/yellow wire from it feeds the seat switches.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, 18 October, 2021 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Jim, there are 3 relays behind the centre console and I have swapped all 3 as well as the relay under the seat next to the ECU. I have also swapped the seat control switch connector left for right and still no movement. The wires to the relay behind the centre console are not really accessible without removing the console so it looks like that may be my next move.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 336
Posted on Monday, 18 October, 2021 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In the non-electronic seats there is a single motor for all of the functions. Is that true for the later electronic systems? If so that is a suspect.

Alan D.

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, 19 October, 2021 - 05:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No, this has multiple motors for each seat function

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, 23 October, 2021 - 04:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is no power at the Black/Yellow wire coming from the relay behind the console which feeds the switch so the problem must be upstream from this. Does this come directly from the fuseboard?

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 352
Posted on Saturday, 23 October, 2021 - 05:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

From fuse B1, light green wire to left seat relay, then to right seat relay, from which the black/yellow wire goes to the seat switches. Make sure you have a good ground on the right seat relay, that could be where the fault is if the relay tests good.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, 23 October, 2021 - 08:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Jim, I will take a look there tomorrow, I just put her back together so I can take a ride tonight

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, 01 November, 2021 - 23:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

after much searching I removed the center console and found that one of the wires on the center relay had come loose, an easy fix (once you find it)!
I did however come across a significant looking ground strap that I'm unsure about the proper location for re-installing. It is coming from behind and above the fuse box and then into the center console area. It is a braided cable with a black sheath around it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: