Question on Driver's seat and Pass Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Question on Driver's seat and Pass « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cliff Biggs
New User
Username: cliffy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, 14 September, 2021 - 07:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had the seat gear boxes replaced but I do not know if they are correctly set as it seems a little tight for me sitting in the driver's seat. I'm 6'1" and it feels as if I can't go back far enough to be truly comfortable.
Is this normal in a Spirit or should I dig deeper into the setup of the seat drives?
Thanks for any reply

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4013
Posted on Tuesday, 14 September, 2021 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cliff,

I am 6'2" [1.88 metres] with long legs and was able to sit comfortably in DRH14434.

I would be checking the seat location mechanism for the following:

1. Are the seat tracks set fully back on the floor seat mountings?

2. Are there any obstructions or damaged drive components?

If you are not aware of the free access Australian on-line Technical Library, I suggest you get acquainted as it has a lot of useful information including the workshop manuals:

http://rrtechnical.info/

Cliff Biggs
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, 14 September, 2021 - 11:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David for the report that it fits you
I was thinking the same thoughts as to the tracks and maybe when they replaced the gear boxes they didn't reset the tracks well enough.
I know of the tech info on this site and will refer to it to check this item out also
Thanks.

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 334
Posted on Wednesday, 22 September, 2021 - 02:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My 1993 Turbo R LWB was a bit tight for me. While I'm over 300lb, the steering wheel rubbed my stomach and was uncomfortable. I had my drivers seat moved back about 3" and that fixed the problem. Now to loose the weight.

Cliff Biggs
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, 25 September, 2021 - 02:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I didn't know or think about relocating the seat rails but I will look in to it. THX

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: