Wood work Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Wood work « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Turner
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 64.201.188.29
Posted on Tuesday, 21 February, 2006 - 05:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My silver spur wood work is away for refinishing ,can anyone tell me what the correct colour is for the brown painted sections , such as around the spedometer

(Message approved by david_gore)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Shostrom
Experienced User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, 03 March, 2006 - 01:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David, and apologies for not seeing your post earlier. Some years back I redid the woodwork in a 1982 Silver Spirit I owned, and faced the same problem. I ended up mixing the colour myself to blend in naturally with the background colour of the woodwork. I would suggest you try and look at a car with good woodwork, and see what is involved in coming up with a colour, or getting some suitable paints to make little chips and hold up against the good woodwork to see how it works. A good woodworking shop with experience in these cars should be able to do the job right, but it is always good to ask them about it. Good luck!