New spirit - first time with a Rolls ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » New spirit - first time with a Rolls Royce « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

B. Cook
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.144.24.55
Posted on Saturday, 11 February, 2006 - 16:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Greetings.
After many many jaguars and other fine British vehicles i have decided its time to own a Rolls Royce - a long time ambition (like many i suppose!)
I have just purchased an 82 Spirit. Yes, the vehicle is an import. I know all the negitive attitudes surrounding these vehicles however if you dont want them for concourse and are able to exercise a little common sense in terms of pre-purchase inspection some of them represent good value for money. (i said SOME!).
My car is quite lovely, having been in Australia for some number of years and with a decent amount of history. Everything seems to opperate as is should and the AC has recently been replaced so its nice and cold.

I have a couple of questions that i am hoping people may help me with.

1) running temps. with AC on and ideling in traffic, where on the gauge should the needle run? how far in to the "white" section should it go?
2) Do i just use normal HSMO in the hydraulics like say a jaguar XJ40
3) I would love to know what country my car originally was delivered to.... It has a km/h speedo, not mph. VIN # is SCAZS0000CCH06402. Is there any way of finding out?

Many thanks
Ben Cook
QLD

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 610
Posted on Monday, 13 February, 2006 - 20:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

well Ben welcome to the ranks. The first step is to get yourself registered and ideally join the Club.

The temp gauge on most cars climbs to 3.00 o'clock at the most usually about 4.oo.

Certainly mineral oil never any of the DOT series

When you are registered you can go to the latest Tee One Topics then the last page and you will find a list of web sites including one to get the build sheets for your car. Hope this helps.

Ben Cook
Yet to post message
Username: bjfenterprises

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 16 February, 2006 - 21:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill thanks very much for the encouragement. I have enquired about joining the local club and will do so shortly. Certainly good news about running temps - my car does not get to half way up the gauge so it seems to be running nice and cool.. Thanks again for the support. I look forward to a long and fruitfull association with this group and the local club.
Ben