Clock Bulb (1989 Turbo R) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Clock Bulb (1989 Turbo R) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, 27 August, 2020 - 16:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I need to replace the bulb in the clock on my 89 Turbo R. I can find no info on how to get behind/remove the clock!

Any help much appreciated!

Richard

gordon le feuvre
Frequent User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, 27 August, 2020 - 17:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, if it is behind main facia wood, unscrew acu bullseye outlet control knobs. behind these are the chrome "top hat" fitting that hold wood in place. Imagine removing light bulb from socket-press slightly and then turn anti clockwise to remove top hat baynet fitting-just like light bulb. You will need to push facia wood towards front of car to release tension on tophat.. Once thes are removed, wodd will slide out-top first. It may be stuck to leather, so it is prudent to just push up on top roll to help. Do not worry about cracking wood, as it is very compliant (within limits of course)

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, 28 August, 2020 - 05:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The clock is in the center console. WISHED it was behind the facia board!

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 660
Posted on Friday, 28 August, 2020 - 10:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't know the answer but looking at the Bentley Heritage site it might be possible to unplug the harness for the clock light gaining access by dropping the lower fascia to the side of the centre console and squeezing a couple of fingers in behind the clock but that's purely a guess. Surely the centre console wouldn't have to be pulled out to change a light bulb but nothing would surprise me.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3087
Posted on Friday, 28 August, 2020 - 13:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is covered in Chapter S of the workshop manual. There is a section, and diagram, specifically dedicated to the centre console of this style versus what's in the Spirit/Spur.

And it's not particularly fun or easy, but who thought it would be?

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: