Urget little thing for me: Pedestal t... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Urget little thing for me: Pedestal thermal switches... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Frequent User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 457
Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2020 - 02:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear all,

There are three thermal switches in the thermostat pedestal, 105, 87 and 45 °C: is thre anyone that knows what do they do.

I checked them as part of the maintenance process, and only the 105°C works (the others are probably shot in a contantly closed position).

Does anyone know what do they do?

I guess the twin fans were activated by the 105, but actually they are connected to the 45 (labelled ACU in IETIS). Why?

THANKS

Thanks,

Lluís

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 312
Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2020 - 04:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The 45° degree normally closed thermostatic switch inhibits AC fan operation until the engine coolant temperature reaches 45°C so one does not have cold air blowing on them when engine is first started. This is the one that commonly fails preventing operation of the air conditioning system. It is also referred to as the 44° sensor in some publications.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 668
Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2020 - 04:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks useful for me too, my O rings (ue34219) are leaking and I've got to strip it down tomorrow ugh!

Jim Walters
Frequent User

Post Number: 313
Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2020 - 04:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is another one:

www.bristolmotors.com

Jim Walters
Frequent User

Post Number: 314
Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2020 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And the legend to the one above:

www.bristolmotors.com

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Frequent User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 458
Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2020 - 16:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And does anyone one what does the heater switch do? Annoying as I wanted to use these switches to control my new cooling fans...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: