Clock Removal (89 Turbo R) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Clock Removal (89 Turbo R) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Experienced User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 200
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 14:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I need to remove the clock from my 89 Turbo R. I can't find instructions on removing the wood trim that surrounds the clock.

Any help much appreciated!

Richard

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 673
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 19:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, on the Turbo R is the clock in the "ski slope" as in the 1989 Mulsanne S.
If so I think it comes out from below after you have taken out the console ! Appears not a small job. If you find a shortcut please post as I need to change the Backlights in mine.
Mark

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1998
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 19:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I replaced the outside air temperature on my 1990 Turbo RL with a boost gauge. I may have some photos from when i did that job 9 years ago. if so i will share what I have

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 20:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 20:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

it looks like... remove ashtray... then lift the air con controls out of the way and that then gives you access to the panel above

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 674
Posted on Monday, 27 April, 2020 - 18:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, what actually holds the panel in and does it come out from the front or below ?
Mark

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2002
Posted on Monday, 27 April, 2020 - 21:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mine were held in place by close tolerance fit. I had to push from behind the ashtray opening to lift the ac control unit out. Then same again to get the instruments out

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 01:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Love the Boost gauge Omar!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2003
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 04:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Mark,
Thanks for your comment. The boost gauge has been very useful to me unlike the outside air temperature gauge which spends the majority of its time wrapped around the pin in my country.
Omar

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 637
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Omar
What's your maximum boost now?
Mine just gets to the 8.5 psi of the dump valve.(see pic of where I fitted mine).
My outside temp is usually at just above 0, so just as useless lol
Cheers
Mike

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 675
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Omar, will investigate further when I have sorted a snapped off hub cap key.
Mark

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 14:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Michael,
Look up a thread under the heading "Spirit Series : Threads to 2015: Bentley Power annoyance" from 2009. A lot of answers to questions regarding boost control are in that thread.
I have not run this car for the last 5 years so I cat remember how much boost pressure I used to get.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 639
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 18:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not run for 5 years!! What's wrong with it Omar?
I've read that thread many times lol
Cheers Mike

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2005
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 20:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nothing wrong at all mate...
I just have nicer cars and I cant get round to driving it. I have taken it off the road so I don't incur insurance and road tax costs.
Right now the car that is being driven the most is the Phantom and the poor Azure has taken second place.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: