235/70R15 103V GOODYEAR EAGLE GA Tyres Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 235/70R15 103V GOODYEAR EAGLE GA Tyres « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, 07 November, 2019 - 07:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,
Has anyone used these tyres on an SZ?
We have a Mulsanne S and a dealer in the UK is advertising these tyres at what appears to be a reasonable price.
Many thanks
Regards
Darryl

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3506
Posted on Thursday, 07 November, 2019 - 14:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Darryl,

Make sure you check the tyre sidewall for the date of manufacture. If the age code is pre-0112, the tyre is older than the recommended period of use

Unless you do a lot of long distance driving - you will most likely reach the limit of their safe working life before they wear out possibly resulting in a future MOT problem.

Tyre Code

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Thursday, 07 November, 2019 - 20:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Darryl,
Besides all the fantastic information David provided, just be sure the tyres are not rated LT which are Light Truck rated.

I had these Goodyear Eagles on my SY, and due to the LT rated tyres, which means super heavy duty side walls, she did ride like a light truck.
When I replaced them, the car rode like a dream.

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, 08 November, 2019 - 00:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,
Thanks for feedback. I've just scrapped an Avon tyre with a lot of tread and no cracks but the DOT code indicated it was nearly ten years old.
A little more digging reveals a number of reviews stating poor grip in the wet for the Eagles and no other UK company seems to sell them anyway. So I'll carry on with Avons, I’ve always found Michelins noisier of some road surfaces.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: