1989 Mulsanne S wiring diagram Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 1989 Mulsanne S wiring diagram « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 625
Posted on Monday, 22 July, 2019 - 20:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

does anyone have a copy of section S32 wiring diagram for a 1989 Mulsanne S that they could scan as this appears to be missing from the http://rrtechnical.info/sz/05_sz.htm copy on the technical site .
Thanks
Mark

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 570
Posted on Tuesday, 23 July, 2019 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark
Is it on the Bentley heritage site?
What's it about?
Mike

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 474
Posted on Tuesday, 23 July, 2019 - 07:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Use the bentley heritage site.
heritage.bentleymotors.com

There are also parts and technical dealer service bulletins.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3392
Posted on Tuesday, 23 July, 2019 - 09:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When the RR/B Technical Library was set up, the information was provided by a small group of our Club Members from their personal libraries.

There have been a few problems with missing pages/sections in these uploads presumably the consequence of their being loaned out and not returned complete afterwards in the past.

The advent of the Bentley Heritage site has been a belated but most welcome acceptance of the benefits that accrue from supporting owners and enthusiasts of older vehicles who can and do influence future purchases of both new and heritage vehicles.

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 626
Posted on Tuesday, 23 July, 2019 - 09:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen, when the battery isolator is Off on my wifes 1988 Bentley8, the clock keeps running. On my 1989 Mulsanne S, it does not. This appears to be correct , as the clock is fed from the fuel filler and cigar lighter supply. As I isolate my cars every night, the clock stopping is a pain. How do you access the clock wiring, and at the same time the fuel gauge illumination requires a new bulb.
Thanks Mark

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 93
Posted on Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 - 23:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark,
According to the TSD5002 service manual (Mulsanne S 90-91) the red wire from the clock goes to a connector near the clock and a red/black wire goes to fuse F1 - A2 12v supply.

I don't know if this helps.

Regards

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 19:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Daryl, does the manual say how to access the backlights for the clock, voltmeter and outside temp gauge ? I need to change the clock bulb and I guess the others are tired.
Mark

Darryl Watson
Experienced User
Username: inox

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 02:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark,
I believe that the centre console has to be freed to move it backwards/removed or somewhere in between to gain access to the rear of the instruments.
I had a look at the manual to refresh my memory so here goes;
Remove the facia panel
Remove lower trim each side of the console near the central vent.
This will reveal 4 fixing screws.
Remove screws securing the lower rear of the console to the floor. (Two screws each side on our car). I used a long 4BA nut driver.
The console should now be free.
If you have to lift the console control panels remove ashtray and push from underneath (remove mirror switch bezzles if required to lift rear panel)
That’s it (I think)
It’s sounds harder than it is.
Regards

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 631
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 03:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Darryl, job for the weekend.
Mark

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2932
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 04:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

I know I'm coming in very late, but do you have a copy of TSD 4701 for your car?

If not, here it is on my Google Drive: TSD 4701 Electrical Workshop Manual 20K Series

Also, a document detailing the removal process for the center console, with images included: Removing the Center Console - SZ Series

Brian

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 632
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 09:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian, thanks. This car is chassis 26464 and the electrical manual for this one model year is TSD4848. It appears to be a change over model pre the 30k series. Can you help on this.
Thanks
Mark

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2934
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 13:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

I do not have TSD 4848 and don't know of anyone who does. This is one of those documents I've never seen nor heard of in the past.

Sorry I cannot be of any real help on this.

Brian

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 633
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian, If I can get a copy, I will give you a link for your database.
Mark

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 575
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 21:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys I have tsd4848 its listed as 1989 electrical.
How could I send you a copy it's 13 mb ?
Cheers
Mike

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2935
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 23:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,

Can you upload it to a cloud service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, or similar and share the link?

That's the easiest thing to do as far as sharing large files.

Many e-mail services allow a file of that size (provided you meant megabytes) as an attachment on an e-mail message as well. Thirteen megs is not particularly large these days. If I snag a copy I'll promptly place it on my Google Drive repository and post the link here.

Brian

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 576
Posted on Thursday, 22 August, 2019 - 00:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian
I've emailed it to you ok let me know if it's what you wanted and you get it ok
Cheers
Mike

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2936
Posted on Thursday, 22 August, 2019 - 01:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,

Received and it certainly appears to be the Technical Service Document being sought.

It's now in my Google Drive archive:

TSD 4848 - Electrical Workshop Manual for Late 20K SZ Motorcars - 1989 MY

Brian

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User

Post Number: 634
Posted on Thursday, 22 August, 2019 - 02:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian and Michael, This will be most helpful.
Mark

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 725
Posted on Monday, 06 September, 2021 - 22:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all
I have tsd4848 but section 7 ,starter system is missing?
Any ideas where I can get it?
Cheers Mike

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 3209
Posted on Tuesday, 07 September, 2021 - 01:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,

If someone supplies this to you, particularly if in PDF format, would you please send it to me?

I can integrate it into the existing copy of TSD4848 that I have.

It will not surprise me one bit if it does not exist at all. There are a couple of TSDs that make references to sections/chapters that appear to have never been finished and issued.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: