Anyone know anything about alarm modu... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Anyone know anything about alarm modules? 98 brooklands « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Al Abbasi
New User
Username: alabbasi

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, 19 July, 2019 - 07:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All, I have a 98 Brooklands that has a suspect alarm module. It came with one key which I believe has a chip in it. Here are my symptoms:

When I connect the battery cut off switch in the boot, the hazards start flashing and the doors lock
Turning the key will sometimes make the hazards go off and sometimes not
Sometimes the car will start , others it will fire but die out (playing with the key will get it to run)
There is a check gearbox message on the dash
Sometimes it throws a key warning (can't remember what it is)
I cannot trust the car to continue to run as it has died on me in the past while driving

Is there anyway to bypass this module? I've had to undo aftermarket immobilizers in other cars that disabled the starter. I was wondering if anyone has gone into this system and worked around it.

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: