1993 Spirit II, No intermittent wipe ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 1993 Spirit II, No intermittent wipe function « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CHO SHU PUI DANNY
New User
Username: dnadanny1

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, 10 June, 2019 - 16:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi there.
it started raining these days, and I discovered that the 4 position of intermittent wipe function is not working.
No matter which one of these 4 positions I choose, the wipe kept sweeping constantly without interval.

Any thought on which parts may go wrong?
All the suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Danny

Jim Walters
Prolific User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 03:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It will most likely be the electronic control unit. Here is the WSM section with some information that may help you: http://rrtechnical.info/sz/30000/electrical/16.pdf

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

CHO SHU PUI DANNY
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 11:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for your reply.
But I cant read the diagram. Sigh
I am working hard to figure it out.

BTW, I found another issue that when I switched on the wiper, it wont stop even I switch to the position "OFF".
And, it only stop when I hit back to intermittent position and then switch to "OFF".

Also, when the wiper sweep,it will hit the bottom windshield chrome. However, when it stop, it can move up from the hit position back to the park position and stop.

Any idea?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Danny

Robert J. Sprauer
Grand Master
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 444
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 12:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The downloadable workshop manual will explain how to diagnose and repair wiper issues.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3346
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 19:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would suggest a visit to an electronic components outlet to buy both a spray can of electrical contact cleaner and spray lubricant compatible with electronic switches.

Resurrecting cars that have spent several years or more in enforced idleness are very prone to elctrical gremlins and unusual behaviour such as you have been experiencing. Electronic contact cleaner and lubricant are a useful starting point as these often help restore normal operation provided there has been no mechanical or corrosion damage.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome to the forum Danny. You may have to also look at the wiper linkage joints for excess wear and throw a bucket of water on the windscreen. Wiper blades can stick to the glass in hot climates.

CHO SHU PUI DANNY
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 14:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks. I will go ahead to look at the wiper linkage joints for excess wear.

As the lowest position of swiping is not the same with the park position, the wiper will stop at a higher position, which affect my view.

can anyone tell me how to adjust the park position of the wiper.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Danny

CHO SHU PUI DANNY
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 13:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Vladimir.

I have checked wiper linkage joints. And, it showed that the joints are wore as well as the motor.

However, it is so expensive to buy the whole set of linkage.

Anyone knows how to repair the joints with a kit, instead of buying the whole linkage?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Danny

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: