Mulsanne S 92 window issues Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Mulsanne S 92 window issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pedro Gomes
Frequent User
Username: portamno

Post Number: 68
Posted on Saturday, 12 January, 2019 - 22:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All:

This FORUM has been FANTASTIC for me. MY Mulsanne S 92 had all kinds of issues, as it had not run for a few years.

Thanks to so manny suggestions all those issues are ow resolved, and the car is running like a dream.

HOWEVER, an issue has come up: The driver's side window is now moving EXTREMELY slowly, and in fact it will not even open half-way....Same when going up. This just "popped up", before it went fast and smoothly. Like all the other 3 windows.

I researched the Forum for similar problems, but did not come up with anything. I remember reading once that it's a matter of "tired electronics" in the window mechanism, and that there is a kit that replaces those "tired electronics"....

Any suggestions?

Warm regards to ALL

Pedro

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 522
Posted on Sunday, 13 January, 2019 - 02:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pedro, have you had the gearbox apart? The grease in mine had dried out to sticky goo?
Mike

Robert J. Sprauer
Prolific User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 105
Posted on Sunday, 13 January, 2019 - 03:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Door panel comes off and carefully pull off moisture barrier. Usually the gearbox grease gets very thick and drags down the gearing. Also when the window is up flood the window channel guides with silicon spray. The majority of the electrical issue has to do with undersized wiring , poor grounds and corroded terminals. I would definitely inspect and de-oxit and reachable terminals. Most of this issue is with the grease.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2744
Posted on Sunday, 13 January, 2019 - 10:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Two articles that may prove to be useful to you:

SZ Series Window Lift Issues & Fixes by Don Elliott

Improvements to Window Lifts on Rolls-Royce and Bentley Cars, 1972 to 1989; SY (Silver Shadow Series Cars) Chassis 13754 to SZ (Silver Spirit Series Cars) Chassis 27998 by Richard Treacy

Brian

Pedro Gomes
Frequent User

Post Number: 71
Posted on Sunday, 13 January, 2019 - 21:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you ALL for your suggestions! This time, I will attempt to do the job myself.

Will keep you posted.

Warm regards

Pedro

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 239
Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2019 - 05:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pedro, on three of my four windows the Power Window Drive Coupling had cracked or shattered. Once replaced, my windows worked fine. This is plastic piece that is available from the usual sources for about $10. I bought several.
Good Luck!

Pedro Gomes
Frequent User

Post Number: 72
Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2019 - 23:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Mark! Have not opened the door panel yet...Hope it's that....

Best Regards

Pedro

Darryl Watson
Frequent User
Username: inox

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, 19 January, 2019 - 01:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pedro,
It's a lot easier to remove the gearbox from the door if you have an 11mm ratchet spanner* as the screws/bolts are long and can be quite right.

Paul says the the gearbox can be removed from the motor in situ but I'm not as clever as him and couldn't.

*The one I have is a ratchet ring at one end and open ended at the other.

Regards

Darryl

Darryl Watson
Frequent User
Username: inox

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, 19 January, 2019 - 05:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Typo. Should read "long and can be quite tight"

Clay Hollister
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, 29 January, 2019 - 06:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My 93 Spur II has some plastic covers in the bottom of the door. You can pop them out and see the chain which can get gummy with time. Clean it with a no odor grease remover and then spray white lithium grease on the part you can get too. Removing the chain drive motor to change the plastic coupler is possible but labor intensive. Best of Luck

(Message approved by david_gore)

Pedro Gomes
Experienced User

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, 19 July, 2022 - 23:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All:

Situation fixed!

The Power Window Drive Couplings on all four doors were cracked. Bought new ones, windows working just fine. Mark Luft was "right on the money"

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Warm regards

Pedro

George Parris
Yet to post message
Username: sumofishin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, 18 March, 2024 - 08:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am Having trouble Finding where to Post This is the only area I can Find....

I have just Recently Had some Window regulator Gears Made By a company in Gunnedah NSW

IF you require any UB42226 winder Gears STS 3D Concepts are Making them:

admin@sts3dconcepts.net

Stephen and Teresa Stuckings 0448887598

They are Efficient and Cheap

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: