Heater Fan Speed (82 Spur) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Heater Fan Speed (82 Spur) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Prolific User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 113
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 15:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The heater/AC blower fans are not blowing at fast speed on my 82 Spur. They are blowing perhaps at medium speed. Both are blowing. This is true if I choose "high" overriding "auto". I tried to find the blower relays near the firewall, but I do not see them. On the passenger side, I have the relays for the wipers;on the left side, there is the horn relay, headlight, etc.

Any guidance what the problem is or where to find the relays is appreciated!

PS Seem like I remember there is a blower fan module somewhere????

Richard

Steve Emmott
Experienced User
Username: steve_e

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 17:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a fan speed module part number UD 22295, try cleaning the connector pins up first as the replacements are not cheap

This may give some guidance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drnbIom114E

Its a bit slow before pictures come up

Nigel Coombe
Experienced User
Username: nigel_adelaide

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, 31 December, 2018 - 20:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The relays are just behind the LH front suspension tower on my 88 .There are 4 relays for the 4 speeds and an overall relay .The fan module is just behind them on bulk head .Tested the voltage of each speed at the fan and found there was a significant voltage drop at fan high speed should be 12 volt but mine was 7.5v .My electronics expert tested the relays and said although working the contacts were poor causing voltage drop .His answer was replace all 5 relays and this solved the problem. Original relay number was 0332204122 and is replaced by Bosch number 0332209152.My electronics friend said this problem can also cause slow windows.

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, 01 October, 2019 - 11:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sadly my french isn't up to scratch so much of this video isn't helpful, is there an English version?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: