Rear Roof Pillar Badges Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Rear Roof Pillar Badges « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User
Username: free_spirit

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, 08 November, 2018 - 10:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,
I’ve just acquired the badges that go on the rear roof pillar and as I don’t have a template for correct fitment I was wondering if someone that has them factory fitted on their car do a simple measurement for me.
I need the measurement from the top corner of the badge to the stainless trim on the edge of the rear pillar and the same for the bottom corner of the badge to the stainless trim. Both sides please.

Hopefully this will give me a close position.
Thanks in advance
Charles

Ron Vale
Experienced User
Username: silverfoxcc

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, 08 November, 2018 - 19:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Charles

On my Spirit II they are as follows, the first two are horizontal plane

Badge top right hand corner to rear edge of strip 2.535in

Badge bottom right hand corner to rear edge of strip 1.550 in

A line from the bottom right hand corner of badge to extreme bottom of strip (rear edge) is 1.765in ( in a NW to SE direction)

GIve or take a few thou! Hope that helps

Regards

Ron

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, 09 November, 2018 - 06:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Ron, really appreciate it. Could you please examine the attached photo , it looks to me that the top corner of this badge looks to be more than 2.5 inches away from the metal molding. I could be wrong.
Just wondering if anybody else has different spacing ?

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, 09 November, 2018 - 06:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rear Quarter Badge Positioning

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Friday, 09 November, 2018 - 07:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Question, these badges were on later model Spirit and Spurs - is that correct?

My 82 Spirit was repainted from Masons Black to a stunning deep metallic Purple that really looks black at night time. But the badges are not there so I don't know if they were originally on the Series One Spirits.

Does anybody know if Series One Spirits and Spurs had these badges when new?

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, 09 November, 2018 - 08:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It appears from the attached 2 photos that Ron’s spacing for the rear Quarter Badge is correct.
Notice the blue 88 model does not have chrome trim under the roof line but the silver 89 car does.the red car above looks like the badges may have been put on later.Rear Quarter Badge spacing (correct)

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, 09 November, 2018 - 09:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The attached photo is of my car with a paper badge using Ron Vale’s measurements.
This looks to be a perfect fitment and matches the correct factory Positioning in the previous 2 photos.
Thanks again Ron.My Car with paper badge

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2018 - 11:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

REAR PILLAR BADGE PLACEMENT (correct spacing)
The strip that is being referred to below is the alloy strip found under the roof line and down the inside edge of the rear pillar. The strip appeared on later spirits.

Badge top right hand corner to rear edge of strip is 2.755 inches or 7.00 cm
Badge bottom right hand corner to rear edge of strip is 1.550 inches or 4.00cm.
A line from the bottom right hand corner of badge to extreme bottom of strip (rear edge) is 1.765 inches or 4.5cm (in a NW to SE direction)

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2018 - 11:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Charles...
I agree that the badges on the red car do not look positioned properly. They are too far away from the trim and also appear too large as if they used radiator shell badges. People do whatever they want but that does not make it correct. If they like it, that is what matters but should not become a guide for what you should do. FWIW yours look a bit large as well. Just saying. On my '86 Spur the badges appear even closer to the trim than shown in the other photos, and smaller as well.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2018 - 11:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here are photos. I could be wrong about the size though.

roof logo '86 Spur Everflex Roof

Roof Logo Close Up

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2018 - 11:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

p.s.
...on second thought I see that the placement appears different because mine has the Everflex roof and there is an additional chrome strip delineating the painted area from the Everflex area. Taking that optical illusion into consideration, I think you have it correctly located. Size as well.

Charles Drakoulas
Experienced User

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2018 - 19:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Christian,
Thanks for your input. I just thought that I would post my findings as a guide of correct factory placement for those that don’t have the badges but would like to apply them at some time. Save them the leg work, stress and so on.
A lot of us are quite particular with the cars and if the desire was there to apply badges, I believe that factory spacing would be desirable as opposed to a Willy Nilly application.
In any event your badges are perfectly positioned and look great. I’m sure the factory had a specific jig for this job as all the cars I have seen with factory fitment measure the same.
Cheers

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: