Tightening Side Mirrors Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Tightening Side Mirrors « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 05:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The driver's side mirror on my RHD Silver Spirit is loose and as annoying as a breathing politician.

How do I tighten it? I have the door trim off at present looking at hideous happenings with the window but there are no screws, bolts, nuts visible on the inside of the door.

I noticed there are two black rubber plugs on each end of the foot of the side mirror and I am wondering if I have to dig those out and that the screws to tighten the mirror are behind those plugs.

I don't want to dig those plugs out until I am certain that there is something behind them to tighten.

Does anybody know the answer.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 05:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
The last time I touched these mirrors I was in my 40s. From memory, there are two bolts that you can access from the inside of the door to get to them. With the window up you can just about gain access to the bolt/nut hexagons.
Best to get confirmation from someone who has done this job recently.
Thanks
Omar

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2084
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 06:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi. Yes bend the plastic slightly. There's an Allen key in there.

That's if it is the base loose on the car. Not the head loose on the base.

Plenty of penetrating oil.

Good luck.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 06:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Paul and I send you three iridium BitCoins personally signed by my morals officer Omar, Vladimir

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: