Unknown electrical socket in trunk Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Unknown electrical socket in trunk « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Burkhardt
New User
Username: corelian

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 01:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello everyone,
my 1996 Bentley Turbo R has a electrical socket with three prongs in the right hand panel of the trunk.
My first thought was it to be a socket to charge the battery, however the gauge of the wires seems to be too weak to support this idea. Anybody an idea what it is for? I will attach a photo for your reference. (Did not work out, too large!)
Thanks, peter

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 06:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Trickle chargers do not move large currents of electricity and larger diameter wiring is not needed.

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, 14 April, 2019 - 21:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was looking at a ‘92 spirit yesterday, and the car had the “original” list of features and “extras” with the log books. One of the extras was a car fridge which had a 3 pin socket in the boot.
I suspect this option was available on Bentley as well ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: