DOOR SEALS ON A 1985 SPIRIT . Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » DOOR SEALS ON A 1985 SPIRIT . « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CONN SAL (203.40.134.215)
Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2002 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I WAS LOOKING AT A LATE MODEL BENTLEY TURBO R 1996 AND NOTICED THAT THE NEWER MODELS HAVE A DOUBLE DOOR SEAL THAT SEALS THE TOPS AND SIDES OF THE WINDOWS AROUND THE CHROME TRIM , THIS IS A SEPERATE SEAL TO THE LARGE MAIN DOOR/WINDOW SEAL . DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS MODIFICATION CAN BE FITTED TO A 1985 SPIRIT . ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SUPPLIER OF THE RUBBER WINDOW / DOOR SEALS
REGARDS CONN

Richard Treacy (62.202.228.177)
Posted on Thursday, 31 October, 2002 - 06:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is a standard mod. Do it. i can tell you the part number if you wish. A must !! Only the 4 seals are needed, aüürpx. AUD 240.

Richard Treacy (62.202.243.77)
Posted on Thursday, 31 October, 2002 - 17:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The seal is genuine part number UT 13535PB, and fits Silver Clouds, Silver Shadows and Silver Spirits/Spurs. I fitted them to my Turbo R and T-Series and completely eliminated high speed wind noise which resulted from the original seals lifting over 130 km/h on the T and over 160 km/h on the Turbo R. They are especially useful on the German Autobahn where there is no speed limit. Fitting takes minutes.

RT.

SALSTRIP (203.40.129.175)
Posted on Monday, 04 November, 2002 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

DEAR RICHARD,
THANKYOU FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY , I HAVE CONTACTED BENTLEY OF SYDNEY AND THEY WERE ABLE TO SUPPLY THE SECONDARY SEALS ,AT $120 AUD PER SEAL , I TOOK THE CAR FOR A RUN TO THE CENTRAL COAST AND THE DIFFERENCE WAS AMAZING. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP
REGARDS CONN