Turbo R handbook help Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Turbo R handbook help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David A Laughton
Yet to post message
Username: dandpl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 20 August, 2017 - 04:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Can any body tell me what item 3 Actually does " Door locks thermal cut-out reset button".

Page 33.

How do I add a photo Ha Ha.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 792
Posted on Sunday, 20 August, 2017 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David it would help to have the chassis number, the handbook for my car doesn't have a page 33 my chassis number is 60128, adding a photo is a mystery to me.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Sunday, 20 August, 2017 - 10:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Hi David it would help to have the chassis number, the handbook for my car doesn't have a page 33 my chassis number is 60128, adding a photo is a mystery to me."

Hi Richard & David - Go to the following link and all will be revealed; sounds complicated when first read and becomes simple once you have done it several times. A few hints not given in the instructions:

1. Best image size is 640 x 480 pixels [landscape] or 480 640 pixels [portrait] - this is the standard 6 x 4 inch postcard size. Best resolution is 300dpi.

2. Always use the "ENTER" key twice after the text when adding an image to put a gap between the message text and image in the post.

http://au.rrforums.net/cgi-bin/forum/discus.pl?pg=formatting#images

Any problems -just message me .

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2381
Posted on Sunday, 20 August, 2017 - 11:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And, just for the record, images can be sized up to 640x640 pixels square.

After finding the backslash curly braces with image keyword technique, and being presented upon posting with a list to allow you to choose the images to upload, I've never looked back.

It is worth making your descriptions inside those curly braces meaningful as it helps a lot when you're selecting the images to upload and have forgotten which order you put them in your post, which happens when you post more than a few at once.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2382
Posted on Sunday, 20 August, 2017 - 11:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If this button works like the variant on the SY cars does, it does pretty much what it says. Here's a scan from the SY Owner's Handbook showing the equivalents:

SY Fuseboard with thermal cut-outs noted

There are thermal cut-outs, with the buttons built in to the case itself, that cause power to the window motors (the one on the right) or any of several other items (the one on the left). I had always thought, and I may be mistaken, that these act somewhat like circuit breakers that are triggered by overheating when one of the things they are to protect remains "activated" for too long once it reaches an end point and can move no further (be that a window motor or a lock solenoid). If I'm mistaken on that I'm sure someone will chime in to correct me, and that would be welcome. I did have one trip once, and the buttons are reset buttons much like the reset switch on a circuit breaker.

It appears that the same function is served by a "two-part" assembly where the button is entirely separate on the SZ cars. See the attachments.

Brian

application/pdfSZ Fuseboard Key
Fuseboard Key.pdf (23.9 k)

application/pdfSZ Fuseboard Components
Fuseboard Components.pdf (56.2 k)

David A Laughton
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 20 August, 2017 - 22:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for all replies.

The chassis number is :32128

Handbook

David A Laughton
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 24 August, 2017 - 02:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks everyone it re set the central locking.

I am sure I will have further question in my early days of Bentley ownership.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: