Stereo issues. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Stereo issues. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, 26 May, 2017 - 06:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My 1993 Turbo R 46065 has no sound from the rear speakers. Not since I bought it. When I take down the panel in the boot, I see the CD changer and one amp for the stereo (Alpine). There are also a bunch of wires and RCA plugs around the amp. It looks like maybe I should have two amps instead of one. Does anybody know if this is true? If so, I'll get a second amp.

Thanks all!
Mark

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Friday, 26 May, 2017 - 07:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark
Have you checked your fader control or ballance?

Maybe all sound has been diverted to the front speakers and nothing to the rear.

Mark Luft
Frequent User

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, 26 May, 2017 - 23:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, yes, I have checked the fader control. No luck. I plan to replace my radio in the near future, I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to have two amps. Could someone look in their boot and check for me?

Thanks!

Don Ivener
New User
Username: cirruspilot

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, 27 May, 2017 - 00:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi:
I have a '91 Corniche III. Just replaced the radio with an Alpine. I DID NOT add a second amp. What I realized is that the front speakers use a crossover and my new speakers are 'full' range so... I ran new wires from the front speaker output directly to the new door speakers. The radio has plenty of power without another amp.
If you choose to get another amp, you can replace the original two channel Pioneer with a 4 channel output and use it for the front and rear.
Regards, Don
Naples Florida

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1210
Posted on Wednesday, 31 May, 2017 - 05:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Mark,
I have 96 cars and a 91 car. The arrangements will not be the same as your 93.
I think my 96 continental R may be similar to what you have. There is only one amp in the boot and there should be two lots of RCA wires feeding it from the stereo.
Do you have any photos to show us?

Thanks

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Wednesday, 31 May, 2017 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

One amp in the boot for the rear speakers.

Check that the blue and white has power when the stereo is on and that the fuses in the r.h. of boot are good.

Mark Luft
Frequent User

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2017 - 00:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here are pics. of my amp. As you can see, there are extra RCA plugs. That's why I was thinking 2 amps.
Paul, where in the boot are the fuses located?
Thanks All!!
Mark

amp

amp2

BTW, the fuse in the holder is good.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2017 - 05:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Mark,
Have you tried swapping the RCA connections front and rear to see if the sound moves with the swap?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2017 - 05:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

the fuses are in the rear wing behind the carpet. I think on the LHS as you look at the boot.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2017 - 06:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rhs. Just in front of the wing light.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: