Auto lights ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Auto lights ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My car has 'auto lights' fitted but they don't seem to work... or rather, they work too well! If I turn them to auto, the lights come on regardless. I know the car has had a new windscreen and wonder if the sensor has been wired wrongly (if it is to the same standard as all the rest of the work done on this car before I got it, it's probably wired into the fog light, or the interior lights, or the national grid!) does anyone know anything about this system on the late SZ cars?

Chassis 66221

FanQ :-)

Patrick Francis
Frequent User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 19:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Shadow never had this and not sure how your car works David, but usually, the light sensor is within a plastic unit that is part of the rear view mirror stuck to the windscreen (that is what my Honda has). If the sensor was disturbed when they changed the windscreen, it maybe facing in and thinking it is dark all the time?

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1797
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 19:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David, where are you?

Mastercheck can check it I think.

The sensor does very occasionally go wrong or it may be disconnected.

In the mirror stem. I'll try to remember to check your chassis number next time I'm on the computer.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 744
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 19:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David the sensor is in the mirror stem, Mr Yorke fixed mine when he serviced my car last year.

Richard.

Chassis no 60128.

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 19:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you all. I shall check the sensor is clean and present when next I visit the car... now I know where it is :-) If that doesn't fix it, then Master-check it will have to be and more 'open wallet surgery'

:-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: