Turbo R not starting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Turbo R not starting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 725
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 09:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had my car jacked up at the front for a couple of days when I let it down and tried to start it, it only ran for few seconds and then stopped all further efforts failed, left over night it did the same thing, prior to this it started ok but idled badly until it warmed up a bit, All help appreciated.

Richard.

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 294
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 17:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HiRichard
What was you doing under there?
What car is it?
Mike

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 17:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

By the records it is a Shadow one!
Poss causes to start with IMO.

Distributor contacts need a clean!
Failing condenser maybe.
Fuel pumps failing.

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 295
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 17:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Patrick
I wonder if the oil pressure switch wiring was disturbed or some other wiring?
Mike

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 18:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good point Michael.

If the car is a Shadow then may be this topic should be swopped with the topic "Removing Caps RR Rims" unless I maybe wrong, the Shadow was never fitted with those caps rims.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 727
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 18:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael, Patrick, thank you for input but it is a Turbo R Bentley I must edit my profile some time, I do have a Shadow one,

Richard.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 20:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

know nothing specific on the Turbo R but having had time on injection turbo cars this may help.
IMO first check for good fuel pressure as the HP pump if fitted may get weak causing difficult starting and rough running.
Plugs can also soot up.
Check all electrical connections to the management system.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Diagnostics coming up with anything Richard?

Did it bump when you let the Jack down?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 728
Posted on Sunday, 02 April, 2017 - 23:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael, Patrick, Paul, thank you for your help, checked all wiring plugs that I could find, and eventually it started, I took it for a ten mile drive and when I got back I stopped and started it a few times. fingers crossed!!!

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 732
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2017 - 23:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi back again, Me and the fault, started car last night started fine, tried to start it today it started momentarily then nothing, fingers crossed didn't work.

Richard.

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 297
Posted on Tuesday, 04 April, 2017 - 03:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard
Sounds like a loose/dirty connection somewhere , have alook at the starter connections and engine bay relays.
Sorry can't be more specifc.
Mike

Clive Lungmuss
Experienced User
Username: clive_lungmuss

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, 04 April, 2017 - 04:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Richard,
I had a similar problem on my Turbo R and wrote a thread on it under the Heading 'Poor Starting Hot and Cold' David G even got my photo of the offending connection onto the thread as well. Hope it helps but if not it may point you in the direction to cure the problem. Best of Luck, Clive

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 735
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 01:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all I resumed my search today, checked all connections, no joy, checked relays drivers side and at the fifth try bingo!!! car started hurrah.

Richard.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 564
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 04:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard...
Please to articulate what you did to "check relays." How do you check a relay? Replace with a "known good"? Does "at the fifth try" mean that the fifth one, when replaced with a new one (known good,)resolved the problem, thus the bad relay was the cause of the incident? I doubt you mean that you removed and replaced the relay five times to get it to work, implying that the connections were bad? Not sure.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 736
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 06:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Christian yes the fifth relay I tried with a known good relay found the faulty one job done.

Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: