Key transponder Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Key transponder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Al Goldstone
New User
Username: corveight

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 20:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I recently purchased a 97 Brooklands. I wanted a second key so I purchased one from FlyingSpares. It came with the transponder (chip) in a separate bag part number on the bag was RH14169. I checked my key and it is missing. I have always had to use the remote to unlock the car to start the engine. If I didn't I would get a message "check gear box". When the car does start I get a message "alarm system bypassed" 2 questions, can this be bought separate? If not can I buy a used key and transfer the chip into mine? I realize the keys will need to be programmed but spending another $100 for a new key I don't need just to get the chip doesn't make sense.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 20:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No I don't think they come separately although I suppose another manufacturer must use them. I've never thought to try and code another make key in.

Yes a used key can be programmed to your car with master check.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: