Dash Wood Trim and Speedo Removal Sp... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Dash Wood Trim and Speedo Removal Spirit II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rowland Palmer
Yet to post message
Username: rowland

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 28 February, 2017 - 21:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone give me an idea how to remove the Dash Wood Trim and Speedo on my Spirit II
Thanks

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1748
Posted on Tuesday, 28 February, 2017 - 21:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Unscrew bulls eye knobs. Carefully remove bezel around the knob holes. They are bayonet fittings so push and turn slightly. Wood pulls out gently and evenly from the top edge first bit by bit.

Knee roll off. Trims above the knee roll off. Speedo screws then exposed.

Be careful when removing the speedo. It comes out as a whole pod. It has plastic ribbons on the back.

Why are you removing it?

Cheers, Paul.

Rowland Palmer
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 21:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul,
I had a blown dash light thats why I had to take it out, all done now.
My problem now is I cannot select any gear positions. I have checked the fuse in the glove box and that is fine. WHAT HAVE I DONE???

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 171
Posted on Saturday, 04 March, 2017 - 20:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rowland, you say you have checked the fuse, but something in my head says that there is a thermal cut out AS WELL as a fuse. All the older cars have this? You might have earthed something at column plug tripping thermal. Again something in my head says you really got to lay on your back and look up on fuse panel to find. Apologies, if what I am saying is rubbish, just something nagging!!

Rowland Palmer
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, 08 March, 2017 - 17:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All working again. Scilly me didn't check the fuses properly. Many thanks for the replies

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: