Issues After laying up the car over t... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Issues After laying up the car over the summer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 853
Posted on Saturday, 08 October, 2016 - 04:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I normally put my cars away for the summer and by about September I start to get them out of hibernation. The Wraith had leaks in the cooling system so I sent the rad and top tank to be refurbished - that car is done.

The Continental R has thrown up a few error codes and a hydraulic issue. The error codes are P0172 (system too rich bank 1), P0325 knock sensor 1 circuit (bank 1 or single sensor), P303 powertrain (cylinder 3 misfire detected).
These faults make me wonder if the belt between the two distributors is dying. I have not changed this in maybe 5 years. Any thoughts will be welcome. The check engine light clears but then returns with one of these faults after maybe 25 Kms. Sometimes one error code, sometimes more than one. The one that has come up the most is knock sensor followed by cyl 3 misfire.

The hydraulic system is fine until I press the brake pedal. Immediately the bleep rings and the red light comes on to say that I dont have enough brake pressure. I wanted to make sure that the reservoirs were clean so I took them apart and was surprised at how pristine they were. I filled them with new oil and test drove the car. Still the same issue. It must therefore be an accumulator. How do I know which one is faulty? Or do you guys suggest - change them both as the other one will also fail soon?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 644
Posted on Saturday, 08 October, 2016 - 06:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI Omar change the distributor belt and fit two accumulators.

Richard.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Saturday, 08 October, 2016 - 18:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI Omar,

What car is the misfire coming up on? Year or chassis.

Cheers, Paul.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 856
Posted on Saturday, 08 October, 2016 - 21:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

96 continental R for both the fault codes and brake issue. 23rd

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 857
Posted on Sunday, 09 October, 2016 - 04:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,
Thanks for the PM and for reminding me that my car has individual coils not two distributors.... I felt such a twat when I realised!!
Ok so which cylinder would No 3 be then?
Omar

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 647
Posted on Sunday, 09 October, 2016 - 05:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar me too on the twin distributors (Dumb and Dumber)

Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: