Door Mirror Frame Repair Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Door Mirror Frame Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Frequent User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, 29 August, 2016 - 10:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know how to remove/replace the plastic (?) cover on the rear of the door mirrors? I very clumsily caught the drivers side mirror on the garage door which bent the mirror back and now it appears that the cover is slightly displaced. However, it feels extremely solid and very unlikely to fall off but I am fussy. These mirrors are the later type mounted in the window area itself.

Car is 66221.

Thank you all for being here to help us idiots :-)

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Do you have a copy of IETIS? If so, do a word search for "mirror shell." There are 7 occurrences in two documents, and either the section on door mirror glass removal or the page on the Illustrated Parts Catalog with the "exploded view" should give you the info you need.

I am not entirely clear as to what your issue actually is, but this is a starting point.

Brian

David Towers
Frequent User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 - 21:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian, no, I don't have IETIS, not even sure what it is! I presume it's a RR/B technical programme. But, you have given me an idea... I shall report later :-)

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2016 - 06:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Please see the Idler Chatter forum where I discuss the Windows 10 Smart Screen Protection feature.

You're not the first person encountering download issues and this `protection` is set up intentionally to make it seem as though there is no way to override it. There is, but you have to have been clued in or be one of those "mad clickers" who accidentally finds it (and this group often ends in madness due to lots of things getting clicked that shouldn't be clicked and screwing things up royally).

Brian

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1385
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2016 - 23:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian

Re: Do you have a copy of IETIS?

Where would I find a copy. I know it is obviously not applicable to my SY1 but I'd like a copy in case I buy a Spirit series car in the future.

Geoff

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 168
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 04:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Re: Do you have a copy of IETIS?

Where would I find a copy."

Here they are:

For 1990-2000

For 1998-2009

- Larry

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1386
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 04:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Larry

Geoff

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: