82 Spirit Fluid light on Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 82 Spirit Fluid light on « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 516
Posted on Tuesday, 14 June, 2016 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all I have been working on a friends car replacing rear spheres changing LHM I also fitted a new front brake pump when the car came to me it had a panel light on in the dash it says Fluid problem is it never has gone out any assistance will be received with gratitude.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Tuesday, 14 June, 2016 - 08:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Can you give the last 5 digits of the VIN please?

Since the reservoirs changed somewhat during production this is essential information.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1953
Posted on Tuesday, 14 June, 2016 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I just found the photo I knew I had of one HSMO reservoir with dirt at the bottom once it had been emptied:

Dirty HSMO Reservoir

I could not recall if the reed switch with magnetic float system was used in even some of the HSMO cars, but it's clearly visible in the picture.

It was not uncommon for the glue holding the two halves of the float to become partially unglued, allowing fluid to leak in and the floats to sink, in the RR363 floats so I have little doubt that this could occur on the HSMO floats, too.

Take a look and see if the float is at the top of the reed switch post when you peek in the reservoir. If it's not, I'll bet your problem is that it's sunk from being flooded with HSMO making the switch believe there's no fluid.

Brian

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 517
Posted on Tuesday, 14 June, 2016 - 10:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian thank you the Vin is 05397 indeed an early example I will check this out tomorrow I am sure your diagnosis is correct if I disconnect the wire and the light goes out that would be that sorted just have to get a new one job done.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 518
Posted on Wednesday, 15 June, 2016 - 03:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian.
I had a look and yes the float in both tanks are floating I disconnected the wires at the top of the tank and no light it seems like the inboard tank is the culprit I have tried both wires on the other tank and no problems must be some fault in the switch

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 531
Posted on Friday, 24 June, 2016 - 23:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi There is a problem still with this car when the car is started number 1 system light goes out almost immediately number 2 system follows soon after, The car drives nice with the new gas springs fitted and the brakes are good and responsive but if you press the brake peddle down and keep a firm pressure on the peddle the light will come on momentarily and then go off again any thoughts on this thank you in advance.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2016 - 01:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

It may be nothing or it may be a depleted brake accumulator. Have you done the quick "brake pump" test to gauge the condition of the accumulators?

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1976
Posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2016 - 01:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Although written for the SY series cars, the brake pedal test applies to SZ cars, too.

Brian

application/pdfBasic SY Brake Diagnostics - Quick & Formal
Brake Pedal Test & Other Diagnostics.pdf (65.2 k)

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 532
Posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2016 - 03:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Brian a very useful piece of information I have made some copies I have never seen this article before.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: