New SZ owner, Melbourne Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » New SZ owner, Melbourne « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jones
Experienced User
Username: carl888

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, 07 June, 2016 - 12:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

After some years trying to find a decent Silver Shadow, I chanced across a Bentley Mulsanne S from 1989. I subsequently bought the car two weeks ago. No doubt there'll be some questions! I've filled out my application to re-join the RROCV so hope to meet up with some locals at some stage. Thanks and regards, Carl

Phil Nash
New User
Username: sinkman

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 22 December, 2016 - 19:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Carl,
How is the Bentley going?
Best Regards
Phil

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 796
Posted on Thursday, 22 December, 2016 - 23:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Carl.
Congratulations on your purchase mate.

I bet your one proud as punch new Bentley owner.

Tell us a bit more about your car.

Do you have any pics to share with us?

Carl Jones
Experienced User

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, 24 December, 2016 - 18:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the good wishes Phil and Patrick! Well, I've covered 28kms in it so far ;)

Currently it's in the paint shop however I hope to have it back at the end of next week. I also removed the interior as sadly I don't think the leather had been fed during the life of the car, it was just easier to feed it with it removed.

Phil....are you around? Let's meet up over New Year if so.

Some pics taken at purchase:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/carl308888/Bentley%20Mulsanne%20S/L1300154_zpswu0xjhp1.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/carl308888/Bentley%20Mulsanne%20S/L1300157_zpsbu9xhspw.jpg

As it is now :-)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/carl308888/Bentley%20Mulsanne%20S/L1300963_zpsirpirsju.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/carl308888/Bentley%20Mulsanne%20S/L1300295_zpsfytz79sf.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/carl308888/Bentley%20Mulsanne%20S/L1300262_zpso6b6ezpz.jpg

Patrick, car was delivered by Hamiltons in November 1989. I recall the car when new, it lived near me and I used to see it about. Spent some time in QLD with two further owners. The custodians there didn't really look after it that well despite its documented 49,000 kms. Drivers door was repainted in two pack and that led to the decision to paint both sides of the car in the original acrylic. And then I pulled the interior our....

Has some unusual options, factory sun roof (Original invoice prices that at $24,500 which is truly scary) and oddly, cocktail cabinets in the rear with Turbo R seating. I can post the build sheets if you like.

CJ

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 248
Posted on Saturday, 24 December, 2016 - 20:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks a beauty mate

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 810
Posted on Saturday, 24 December, 2016 - 22:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now that's an amazing purchase Carl.

Can't wait to see some pics on the road.

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, 24 December, 2016 - 23:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Outstanding, the paint and chrome is beautiful as is the interior.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 974
Posted on Monday, 26 December, 2016 - 05:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

what a lovely car. Immaculate interior....
enjoy it mate.

Omar

Carl Jones
Experienced User

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, 28 December, 2016 - 19:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the positive comments, the car however does look better in the pictures than in real life. It's a little odd to me at least that so many of these cars are not looked after properly.

I'll be sure to chart its progress visually when I get it back. It will be a long road!

CJ

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: