V-Belts for 20,000-series Sz cars Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » V-Belts for 20,000-series Sz cars « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 515
Posted on Tuesday, 28 December, 2004 - 06:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can someone advise me the size of the two identical water pump / steering pump v-belts for 20,000 series cars ?

On all 20,000+ series cars they are the same. Unlike on earlier cars, they drive only the steering and coolant pumps. The aircon and alternator have a separate v-belt each.

I would like to buy a pair locally rather than have them shipped around the world, but don't wish to run the risk of being stuck.

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards,

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 747
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2005 - 05:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh well. Going mad. Talking to myself.

Just to close this thread, I have now changed the V-Belts. I bought a pair of genuine power steering belts from the UK, and had them matched afterwards for reference. Then I noticed that the aircon belt was a bit worn, so I bought one locally to pattern.

For 20,000 series cars onwards, the single aircon belt is 10mm x 1400mm (AVX10 x 1400La). A Gates 6236 is ideal, and cross references to a Gates 7550 and to an AC Delco 15550.

The dual power steering belts are 10mm x 1135mm, and Gates 6269MC are ideal. That cross-refernces to a Gates 7448 and to an AC Delco 15448.

RT.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2005 - 12:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You are not going mad Richard. I have been quite embarrassed to find replies to my questions on occasions sitting there without my knowledge. For some reason the little red 'NEW' doesn't always light up and pouring through all the extant threads is not practical.

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2005 - 14:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My "NEW" only seems to come up yellow. I never get any interesting red ones....:-)

Larry

PS: I've got that cross reference info on my alternates list:

http://mutley.hypermart.net/RollsSubstitueParts.html

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 450
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2005 - 16:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re the "unseen" posts; I am trying to work out when our software makes the "Last Day" posts yesterday's posts. I have noticed a distinct difference if I log in on consecutive mornings or afternoons compared to logging in at differing times during the day. If I log in at the same time each day, all posts will come up using the "Last Day" button on the LHS menu; if I log in one afternoon after previous morning logins or vice-versa then I will miss posts consistently on a regular basis.

To get around this problem, I have resorted to using the "Search" button under UTILITIES in the LHS menu if I have not logged in for a day or two - I just select Search by Date/Recent Posts using [X+1] number of days where X=number of days since I last logged in and view the unread posts that come up in blue print.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 748
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2005 - 17:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Posts from unregistered guests only appear after approval, and without the NEW tag.

RT.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 451
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2005 - 19:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard,

Yes and the reason they often do not appear is that they are more than 24 hours old by the time I release them and the software uses the receipt date/time and not the release date/time for their classification - just need to find out how we can sort this out through the software if and when we can find the time !!!