Bentley Brooklands R pollen filters a... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Bentley Brooklands R pollen filters and turbo questions. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Experienced User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2016 - 10:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all, I am getting there with the big green machine (just had the second seat ecu repaired so now both done) and things are settling down... I hope!
Anyway, I want to do a few things to her that I am able (disabled) so I have ordered spark plugs, air filters and pollen filters. The question is: where are the pollen filters on my car (chassis 66221)? I'm thinking they are under the two intakes below the wipers but that is just a guess.

Also what is the difference between the LPT on my car and the full fat turbo and is it possible to put the full fat version on my car?

I love the car and the surge at low speeds is great and addictive but it seems to tail off much sooner than my old Turbo R.

Many thanks.

David.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 552
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2016 - 14:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
Brooklands and Turbo dont go together from what I know about these cars. I was led to believe that the Brooklands models were all naturally aspirated. If this is true then that will explain why you dont think it has as much oomph as your Turbo R.

David Towers
Experienced User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2016 - 20:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry Omar, the very last Brooklands ( the 'R' model) is a light pressure turbo and rated at 300 (325 with an intercooler) horse power - the same as the early turbos.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 553
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2016 - 20:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for enlightening me David.
I never knew that!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: